As we settle into our “new normal”, we are all learning how best to keep ourselves and each other safe during this pandemic. This policy document will be updated regularly as advice from Public Health England (PHE) and Health & Safety Executive (HSE) changes.
Please play your part in helping to control the virus and our safe return to shooting in the studio by taking a moment to read and share this information. It is important that we follow the guidelines and practise good hand and respiratory hygiene at all times. Feel free to share any concerns or areas of improvement so that we can provide a better service wherever possible.
The following information is intended as a reference guide for all visitors of Wani Olatunde Photography as well as documenting our commitment to your safety and the practices we will undertake to help control the spread of the virus.
Key Principles of this Policy
Before your Shoot
- If you or anyone else you are being photographed with are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 you must not attend or enter the studio premises. A current list of main symptoms can be viewed on the NHS website:
- If you or anyone else you are being photographed with have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine for any purpose, please do not attend the studio.
- The studio will be cleaned before your arrival, in line with our policy as detailed, using anti-viral products on all main surfaces & touchpoints, door handles and light switches.
Arrival at the Studio
- Please arrive on time, if you are too early, you will need to wait outside as time is allocated for the cleaning and prepping of the studio.
- Session times are spread out so there is no overlapping of clients and plenty of time for the studio to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the next client.
- Upon entry to the premises, all guests are required to wash their hands with soap and warm water for at least twenty-seconds. Soap and paper towels are provided in both washrooms.
- We mostly operate on a 1 client per day basis. However, when necessary, enough time is given between bookings to allow for effective cleaning.
- We will be wearing masks as well to keep everyone safe.
- Personal belongings will be kept in a designated area which will be thoroughly wiped and disinfected between each session.
During your Shoot
- All guests should maintain a minimum distance of 2m from others. Where this is not possible for any length of time, visitors should consider face coverings where appropriate for the protection of others. We suggest that you bring your own face covering for this purpose.
- Please ensure the washing of hands is undertaken regularly during the booking by all parties, as well as before taking food or drink.
- Coughs and sneezes should be captured in the arm or elbow or into a tissue. Please responsibly dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands.
After your Shoot
- If you or any of your guests go on to develop any Covid-19 symptoms, please report them to the NHS Test & Trace Service immediately.
Additional Covid-Secure Information
Studio Cleaning Policy
We have undertaken a comprehensive review of cleaning which identifies the areas at risk of spreading the virus. As such we will undertake to provide the following:
- Before each studio booking, we will clean areas including dressing room and studio work surfaces, door handles, washroom facilities, light switches and other touchpoints using a recognised anti-viral cleanser in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Hot and cold drinks will continue to be provided upon request. You are welcome to bring your own refreshments if you prefer and we will also have disposable cups available on request.
- Props and any other reusable items will be wiped down before and after each client’s session.
- The studio wardrobe including the wraps and tulle are washed or dry cleaned between clients.
Enhanced Cancellation Policy
We aim to maintain as much flexibility as possible during these uncertain times. So in addition to our existing policy, we are offering an enhanced protection for bookings by allowing for bookings to be amended, even at short notice if you or anyone in your party:
- Encounters any of the documented symptoms as previously mentioned at any point before or during their shoot. You must contact NHS Test and Trace should you experience any symptoms listed.
- Are contacted by NHS Test and Trace as a contact and required to self-isolate.
- Are someone in a household with someone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or with someone asked to self-isolate or quarantine for any purpose by the health authorities.
Should you need to change your booking to a later date for any of these reasons, we will be happy to offer alternative dates in the following six weeks from the date booked at no additional charge.
- The number of people attending each booking is to be kept to a minimum.
- All those attending to maintain social distancing wherever possible.
Hair & Make Up Policy
- Our hair and makeup stylists will be using all the required sanitisation processes and PPE as directed by Government, HSE and PHE policies.
- All equipment will be thoroughly cleansed using recognised products such as Barbicide or IPA.
- All MUAs and hair stylists will ensure hands are washed or sanitised before commencing any processes on others.
- Where possible, all visitors should travel to the studio in their own vehicles.
- Should this not be possible, we encourage visitors to consider the use of face coverings and travelling in well ventilated vehicles.
- The use of face coverings for those travelling using public transport, including by taxi, is now mandatory, please ensure that your guests are aware of this rule to avoid being turned away from travelling.
We will do our absolute best to provide and promote a safe working environment for all visitors to Wani Olatunde Photography to help mitigate the transmission of the virus. We actively encourage all guests to work with us to help achieve this aim.
All shoots taking place at Wani Olatunde Photography are undertaken at the individual’s own risk and everyone should be actively looking to maintain their own personal safety though social distancing, frequent hand washing and good respiratory hygiene.
Thank you for taking the time to read this document and we look forward to safely working with you soon.